Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tie One On

I had an idea to make a bow tie out of ribbon for the CAS-ual Fridays Tie One On  challenge. I've made them before-no big deal. I wanted the stripes of the ribbon to go in specific directions so I had to make 3 pieces and boy oh boy did it give me fits! I should have just broken down and gotten the sewing machine out instead of trying to use a needle and thread. The ribbon kept unraveling so I used some scor tape-big mistake. Talk about gumming up a needle and getting sore thumbs...not my finest hour. The bow is not as good as I had hoped, but dang it, those stripes are where I want them. lol Next time I want to make a bow tie I'm using solids.

This is a fun challenge! Who doesn't like using ribbon? Hop on over to CAS-ual Fridays and check out all the fun creations.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun CAS! Great take on the ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Mary - gave me some great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bow tie! Totally worth all the effort :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card...and tie!! The stripes ARE wonderful...wow...very cool:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is, spec.tac.u.lar!! I'm sorry you had so much trouble with that ribbon bow, but man was it ever worth it. This is my kind of card and it's going in my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Friday. I'm so glad to see you got V.I.P.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job with this clever bow tie....even though it was a challenge. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete