Saturday, November 19, 2011

Roosters Crow

I decided to combine a couple of challenges this week. I don't do that very often but for some reason they just seemed to be perfect together for what I had in mind. I wanted to use red instead of orange for the trim, but I wanted to use a gingham ribbon with this image and I only had gingham in orange. I combined the sketch from the CAS-ual Fridays challenge with the Less Is More challenge to use silhouettes. With the cute sentiment, I think this will make a perfect thank you/friendship card for my friend that lives and works on a farm. She will love it as she raises chickens.

I used this Barn Top digital stamp from Stitchy Bear and finished off the rooster with some Glossy Accents.

Go check out both challenges and see what you can come up with!

CAS-ual Fridays
Less Is More


The inside.

21 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Love that big rooster image with the gingham ribbon, perfect! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, brilliant image and perfect silhouette and love the wording :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous silhouette Mary Jo. (It would also suit the Farm Fresh challenge over at Gingersnap Creations). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card and the sentiment is second to none!
    I love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too fun ... absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!
    Knew Chrissie would love this one
    That gingham ribbon works perfectly
    Thanks so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and loving the humour of the sentiments too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card - love the fun sentiment and the ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary Jo
    Congrats on being Showcased with your Stunning card ....Fabby card this week


    Hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and the strip of gingham ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this a lot! Fun card, perfectly made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love those sentiments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, love the sentiment too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a FUN card ( I totally agree with the sentiment)!!! Love your layering and choice of ribbons! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that is one great silhouette! Love the sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your fun card and perfect sentiment. Made me smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh just brilliant, super card and sentiment :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on making the showcase.
    The card is perfect. Sentiment is super!

    ReplyDelete