Thursday, December 8, 2011

DYSU Challenge #49 - Something Old

So glad you could join us once again for a new challenge at Do You Stack Up?! This week we want to see Something Old! It could truly be something old, or just a vintage style or image.


This week's Sponsors:





Saturated Canary Digis
Winner’s Choice of 2 Digis


Gecko Galz
Prize Package: Pack of paper of the winners choice, 4 collage sets of the winners choice, a stamp set of the winners choice, and vintage pearl button pack, vintage lace, and Gecko Galz fibers


Wow, our wonderful Gecko Galz sponsor provided me with a set of vintage images that made it hard to know where to begin! I thought this image was so cute with the kids seeming to be having some good old fashioned snow fun. I fussy cut the entire image then popped it up for dimension. Vintage is not my normal style, but it was fun to try it and these images were fabulous to play with.


The next image was fun and unique to work with. I used a dingbat font for the greeting on the sign she's holding. I found this patterned paper in my scrap box and knew I had nothing better to go with this image. Sometimes you get lucky.


Hope you get a chance to come over to Do You Stack Up and join us in this challenge! I know I'm going to be seeing some amazing vintage style cards this week and I can't wait!!

7 comments:

  1. Two delightful vintage style cards love the images and the gorgeous laces.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Mary Jo. Love the fussy cutting on the first and that DP on the second is just beautiful.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. both cards are gorgeous Mary Jo, very cute with lovely details
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Mary! You're right, that is a perfect background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous cards! They are both very special and pretty.


    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful vintage style cards, Mary! You did a beautiful job on both!

    Hugs & Happy Holidays,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree is amazing! And I DO love vintage, and you really nailed it! Love the style of that second card!

    ReplyDelete