Friday, June 8, 2012

Houndstooth?!

Hmmm....the challenge over at the Runway Inspired Challenge blog is to create a project using an inspiration pic that has a lot of houndstooth.

I have to admit...I've always thought houndstooth was U.G.L.Y.! I couldn't find one single piece of paper with houndstooth in my stash. So I printed a houndstooth pattern on some white cardstock because, after all, what is a challenge for if not to make you think. It actually was pretty easy to work with and looks better than I thought it would. I swear that flourish is pink IRL lol Hop on over to Runway Inspired Challenge and see what I'm talking about. You might be inspired to step out of your box as I was.


6 comments:

  1. I love how you used the pattern and then put the color in the pretty rose and flourish. Lovely sentiment too with the little bit of bling. I'm just finally coming around to hounds-tooth. It always reminded me of the clothes our mom put us in when we were little, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same as you about the Houndstooth pattern, you have made a FAB card, love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Have to admit I've always loved houndstooth though (unlike you). :) It's a big thing to us "Alabama Crimson Tide" fans. Wink. :) You did a great job with the Runway Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you stepped outside of your comfort zone! You ended up with a gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stamp is THE best!! I'm the total opposite of you though when it comes to houndstooth! I LOVE it. Especially brown, small-printed houndstooth. It reminds me of the early 20th century, Downtown Abby style.

    ReplyDelete